This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site or which directly interact with the Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site or when you open e-mails from us and which permit us to, for example, count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the information that we collect about you ro that you provide to us, including Personal Information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To attempt to detect and reduce fraud, credit risk, and other illegal activities or threats to the safety, security, or integrity of the Site.
- To send periodic messages, via mobile, twitter, email, or other platforms, with content updates, subscription information, and order information.
- To operate a comments section or other user-generated content functionality. Any posting by you is considered public information available to other users.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MHC.com Company or its parent or affiliated companies’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MHC.com Company about the Site’s users is among the assets transferred.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosing your personal Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MHC.com Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MHC.com Company about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have [consented to/not opted out of] these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information].
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MHC.com Company, our affiliates or parent, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Advertising and Third Party Websites
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our business purposes and for a duration we determine is appropriate. If you request, we will review and consider deleting information that is no longer necessary for fulfilling our contractual or legal obligations.
We have implemented certain safeguards intended to help secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Site or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Chief Director of Customer Experience]
11120 Tomahawk Creek Parkway, Leawood KS 66211, United States
V1 Effective 2/27/2020